Tuesday, January 17, 2006

AN AWESOME GOD

FROM THE UNIVERSE'S IMMENSITY TO AN AWESOME GOD
I awoke this morning with a cat purring on my chest all warm and snuggly. The early morning hours bring unfettered thoughts, as yet uncluttered by the world. Sometimes the immensity of the universe and the look of everything just 'hanging' there in space is scary until I remember who created it and holds it all together. It reminds me of the phrase from Narnia, 'He is both good and terrible' and that "fear is the beginning of wisdom", Psalms & Proverbs.
As the day wears on and takes on the dimensions of time and space, in my busyness I forget the truth and become aware of how much I must accomplish, how much depends on me. It's only when I become blinded by this self importance that I become impatient with others - they become obstacles, impediments - something to get around. All of this distorts our relationships with others, even those whom we just touch briefly in the course of the day. We become impatient, competitive busy bodies. How can this atmosphere foster love between us?
God, help me remember who and what I really am, help me remember what is really important and guide and protect me through this day. Amen @copyright 2006 Karen's Passage

No comments: