Friday, January 20, 2006

GOD'S GLORY


FROM A FOGGY DAY TO GOD'S GLORY
I had to make a quick business trip over Pacheco Pass into Silicon Valley, when I left my house at about 5:00 AM it was almost a dead fog. You could see the lines on both sides of the road and cars within a block, otherwise it was almost a whiteout. I drove out of town through the rural valley and wound up into the foothills through the fog with intense concentration. After about an hour and a half of this I was gripping the wheel tightly, frozen in the tiny world of my pickup cab. I hadn't seen another car or sign of life for at least 20 minutes as I climbed up the pass.
Suddenly, I broke out of the fog into golden sunshine with miles of sunny, green hilltops spread above the dense layer of fog. Alone and awed, I involuntarily said aloud, "Holy, Holy, Holy". I'll never forget that moment or what came out of my mouth. I think I know how Isaiah felt when he cried, "Woe is me", at the sight of God.
Even the reflection of His Great Glory I experienced in that brief moment drew true worship from the depths of my being. God, thank you for your love, your closeness and your generosity. Amen @copyright 2006 Karen's Passage

No comments: