Sunday, January 22, 2006

A LONG SICK DAY AT HOME


A LONG SICK DAY AT HOME
What a long day, not feeling well and missed our new Vicar's first sermon. Amazingly, he stopped by to check on me, what a surprise. I love clerical suits and collar. He looked great Anne, wish you were here.
Anyway, need to lose weight so went to a seminar on health, diet and exercise last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. They encourage a Vegan diet, so I was chopping onions, cilantro and trying to powder whole cumin by rolling over it with a small spice bottle. Made bean and rice soup - whole protein combined that way.
Wonder if I can get through tomorrow morning without coffee and milk. It's a choice! And it's my choice! I hate it when that happens. Then after no coffee I have to walk for half an hour, plus ten minutes after each meal. Two fruits before noon and no food after 4:00 PM. Yeah, right!
The hardest part is learning a new way to cook. Actually, the rice was my first attempt at a sort of Spanish rice (had to use brown rice) and the beans I cooked to make refried beans, Hispanic style.
The rice turned out too salty and not enough cilantro, the beans didn't have enough cumin but I was tired of rolling that little bottle around. Anyway, I tossed them together and now I have a not too bad bean and rice soup.
After that I laid down on the couch and surfed T.V. until I found "Pretty Woman" in progress, cried my way through the last third of the movie. Felt better after that.
Help, tomorrow's going to be an experience. If Jesus is close I'll make it. Lord, help me make it through the day with humor and a gracious attitude. By the way, is this a test?
Thank you Lord for your presence in my life, you've helped me through tougher times, I trust you. Amen @copyright 2006 Karen's Passage

No comments: