Friday, February 10, 2006

OLD GARDENING GLOVES


OLD GARDENING GLOVES
The weather has been sunny the last few days so I went searching for my leather gardening gloves. I found them with my tools all curled up and stiff from the winter cold. Pretty useless looking . Well, I had awakened that morning in much the same condition so I put on the gloves and began weeding. Soon the gloves were warm, pliable and useful and so was I.
My meandering thoughts compared myself with the old gloves. Without the Lord in me, using me - I am an empty, wrinkled up old glove. But with the Lord in me I have purpose, vitality and life. Thank you God for giving me this joyful purpose and companionship, for putting a song on my lips.
Christ said, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5
@copyright 2006 Karen's Passage

No comments: